Shared Services Connect Ltd (SSCL) is a subsidiary of Sopra Steria, and operates as a joint venture part owned by Sopra Steria and the UK Government. SSCL provides back office to various organisations in Government including DEFRA, MOJ, Home Office, and DWP.
The main challenges in place for SSCL were the scale of the project and the speed that was required for implementation.
- SSCL required a system that could be accessed and used by multiple clients.
- The system needed to adapt from an initial number of 4,500 internal users, to any number of future users – scaleability was imperative.
- The system needed to be able to provide specific viewing permissions, depending on staff clearance.
- The system needed to support high volumes of e-Learning packages and connect to SSCL’s face-to-face classroom courses.
- Enterprise Study’s learning management solution was implemented at impressive speed. Discussions and approval happened over the courses of two days, and the complex implementation took just 3 months.
- The system, customised as ‘My Learning’ by SSCL have been working together, the capabilities of the system continue to develop in line with the growing needs and requirements of SSCL’s customer base. Now, the system is being successfully upgraded across all departments of all user-organisations, to provide learning and development interventions for many thousands of individuals.
- The system acts as a single operating system, and provides a mix of e-learning and face-to-face training.
- The system serves people working in public and private sectors, and using a range of their own IT applications.
This large scale project delivered great results:
- 30,000 active users (across the project)
- 200,000 e-learning course enrolments
- 15,500 hours spent actively engaged with content
Customer feedback was resoundingly positive about all aspects of the working relationship between Enterprise Study and SSCL.
Geeta Bains, Sopra Steria
“The roll out went really well. We had some really good feedback from the Environment Agency who were one of the first departments to use it.
We have been a customer of ES LMS for 6 years. In that time, not only have we received positive user feedback, but have found ES to be a very open, honest and flexible company to work with. So when discussions with one of our clients moved into the LMS space, ES was an easy choice for us to recommend.
ES worked with us to enable us to provide one of our joint venture organisations a solution that was not only fit for purpose; ticking many of the clients boxes but were very flexible in commercial negotiations which ultimately won them the deal. So far, all feedback received by users of the portal/LMS has been highly positive with staff liking the ease of use and accessibility.
Enterprise Study were highly supportive and instrumental in working closely with Sopra Steria from commercial discussions through to implementation. The ES implementation and support teams are highly effective and we would not hesitate to work with ES again in the future.”